- Written by IFC
Education activities were conducted recently in Lima (Peru), La Paz (Bolivia) and Capilla del Monte (Argentina) under the banner of the International Federation of Cheerleading and the Pan-American Federation of Cheerleading.
IFC certified instructors from Ecuador conducted qualification courses for coaches and delivered a variety of different training sessions and workshops from beginner to advanced levels.
The main objectives of the courses were as follows;
- Educate coaches following the rigorous guidelines of the International Federation of Cheerleading.
- Encourage the development of Cheerleading in countries where the sport is in its infancy.
- Consolidate the name of the International Federation of Cheerleading and the Pan-American Federation of Cheerleading in Latin America.
- Introduce and develop safe practices in Argentina, Bolivia and Peru.
- Training of coaches and teams in Argentina, Bolivia and Peru.
In Bolivia, media promotion was high on the agenda with several radio and television interviews arranged to promote the sport and the importance of safe sports development communicated.
Furthermore, visits to municipal government and sports authorities in La Paz were undertaken in efforts to seek support for upcoming Cheerleading events and include Cheerleading as a sports discipline within the jurisdiction of the La Paz Municipality.